My bad days are getting more frequently but I always end up trying to do hobbies to take my mind off the dark thoughts.
So, I thought I would do a post and give you some of my tips what I do when I’m having a bad day.
- I write my dark thoughts down on my blog or on paper then get rid without saving it or setting a light to the paper! But if you do set a light to the paper please be careful and have some water handy as I don’t want you hurt. If you’re a child and reading this well, make sure you have an adult.
- Watch my favourite tv show and have a duvet day. You guys know what it is! GOT! I fangirl over Jon Snow Aka Kit Harington, he’s my babe. He just doesn’t know yet.
- I plug my phone into Bluetooth speaker and I run the bath and I buy a bath product from lush for my bad days. So, I can have a soak in the bath and a sing along.
- I talk to my Nan as she knows when I’m having a bad day. I tend to go quiet and space out then other times I’m irritable as anything.
- I call crisis team & Samaritans when it’s a really bad day.
- I play around with my makeup.
- I have a lie-down and put my headphones in and let the music take my thoughts.
- Don’t punish yourself and give yourself a break as you are only human.
- Distract yourself. Do a bit of baking. Go for a nice walk.
- Remind yourself that this is just a bad day and it will pass.
- Read a book.
- Watch your favourite film and have a duvet day.
- Doodle and colour.
- Create a blog. – Trust me, this was the best decision I ever made. I love blogging and helping people while spreading awareness!
- Talk to someone.
- Don’t be alone as your mind tends to use that as an advantage and makes your dark thoughts ten times worse.
Today I am having a good day and I managed to do a lot of things what I put on my list and I’m proud of myself and I am getting everything that needs to be done so when I do experience a bad day, I won’t feel as guilty as I did before.
You aren’t alone in this fight because I’m behind you every way.
Recovery is worth it.
It takes time but when it does happen it’s an amazing feeling and that’s what I am waiting for that day as I felt it before and it was awesome. I’ve just had a relapse and it’s completely fine. I’m not a failure or worthless.
That’s what my mind is telling me and I’m trying my hardest to beat all these thoughts.
Bad days come and go. But my good days are worth it so much and when I do have bad days. I always think of my good days.
I’m strong and a fighter.
No illnesses or stigma is going to win this battle.
I’m not a victim because mental illnesses aren’t me.
I’m me, I’m just like you.
Labels are for jars not for people!
Till next time my loves.
Love, Shannon Diana x
If you would like to contact me for PR or any collaborations or even support if you are going through a bad time. Please follow my social media accounts and email me.
Thank You x