Hey all, it’s your gal Shan.
Bad days are shite let’s be honest. I hate them with a passion. More than crocs!
I’ve had more bad days than good days. Past 11 years has been an adventure let’s just say that at the least. I’ve come up with some tips to help you and your friends if you are having any bad days. Bad days are temporary but good days are forever to remember!
Right now, I think my mania is setting in as I’ve written up 5 posts in a day and when I’m feeling low and depressed, I can barely write one up. So let’s appreciate this moment. One good thing is that my Grandma has locked my bank card up. As impulsive spending is a big thing when I am having a high day.
Here are a few tips I do when I am having a low and bad day:
- Have a nice scented bath.
- Listen to your favourite songs and bands.
- Eat your favourite food.
- Read a book. (If my concentration let’s me)
- Speak to my favourite person.
- Write on my blog. (When I have energy)
- Look at my favourite memes & quotes.
- Watch my favourite shows. (Game of thrones) Jon Snow is mine!
- Go on my laptop again when I have the energy.
- If my mood is really low. I ring Samaritans.
- Help out with any mental health campaigning.
- Turn my negative thoughts into my positive thoughts by helping with people when they need help due to physical or mental illness.
- Stay off social media for a bit.
- Have a nap when I am feeling really low.
- Try to clean the house with my Nana to block out the intrusive sucidal thoughts.
- I draw on my arms to stop me from self harming. (Will do a self harm prevention post soon)
- I avoid alcohol and drugs like the plague as in all honestly that doesn’t help. That makes my mood ten times worse. That’s why I don’t drink or take drugs and I’m 8 months substance abuse free.
- I let all my emotions out! (It’s okay not to be okay and it’s okay to scream and cry)
I hope these tips work for you.
Please remember this bad day won’t be forever. Your good days are amazing and please Cherish them. You can battle through the bad days and be here for the good days.
Just so you know, it’s okay not to be okay you know, even the happiest person in the universe has their bad days. You can get through this dark hole. I believe in you.
You are loved. You are worth the fight. You are more than your illnesses, you can fight this I believe in you. You are flawless. You are fabulous. You aren’t alone. You are amazing and I’m proud of you all.
You can beat these thoughts. I believe in you. I will always be there for you even if it’s on the internet or email or even in person one day. You are loved. You are needed in this world because you are YOU. You are badass for battling mental illness daily. I care about every single one of you. You are more than enough. You don’t need to please anyone else. God Bless x
Love from Shannon Diana xx
If you would like to contact me for PR or any collaborations or even support if you are going through a bad time. Please follow my social media accounts and email me.