Hey, Beautiful! How are you today? I hope you are all okay and if you aren’t feeling ok. Just remember that’s it ok not to be ok and I hope you can get the right support you need and if you want to talk please remember that I’m here and the correct charities are here to support you!
Happy 3rd Blogmas!
Today I want to talk about what I do when I’m feeling lonely at Christmas. I want to talk about my coping mechanisms what I do when I’m feeling down and lonely as I’m single and I always see loved up posts on social media when its Christmas! Which is great and I’m not shaming that. But when you’re single at Christmas it feels horrible at times.
You don’t need anyone to validate you. I promise you. All you need is your family and friends and your pets!
When I’m feeling lonely at Christmas. This is what I do –
- Remind yourself of the great memories you have had this year. (Yeah this year hasn’t been the best for me for a fact! But I still have found my true friends. )
- Speak to your loved ones and friends.
- Spend time with your loved ones and friends. Don’t isolate yourself as that makes the situation worse.
- Treat yourself to something nice. (Now, I’m not telling you to go wild and buy a new sports car, I mean like treat yourself to a new tattoo or haircut!)
- Listen to your favourite music.
- Create new memories with your friends.
- Write about your feelings and thoughts down. (Don’t suffer in silence!)
- Start a blog if you wanted. (Starting my blog back in 2017, has saved my life and it gives me a reason to be here!)
I want to remind you that you are:-
You are incredible.
You are loved.
You are amazing.
You are worth it.
You are valued.
You are wanted and needed.
Till next time for Blogmas number 4!
Love from Shannon Diana xx
Mental illness isn’t going to get the last laugh. I am.
I fight for my health and for other people’s health every single day in a way most people won’t understand, we aren’t lazy. We are warriors!
If you don’t feel like talking to yet, I’ll always be here and I’ll help out any way I can. You aren’t alone.
I know how it feels to be pushed aside. But listen, you are amazing and I’m proud of you so much.
Just so you know, it’s okay not to be okay you know, even the happiest person in the universe has their bad days. You can get through this dark hole. I believe in you.
You are loved. You are worth the fight. You are more than your illnesses, you can fight this I believe in you. You are flawless. You are fabulous. You aren’t alone. You are amazing and I’m proud of you all.
You can beat these thoughts. I believe in you. I will always be there for you even if it’s on the internet or email or even in person one day. You are loved. You are needed in this world because you are YOU. You are badass for battling mental illness daily. I care about every single one of you. You are more than enough. You don’t need to please anyone else.
Here is some numbers to contact if you are experiencing a mental health crisis:
Samaritans- For everyone! 24 hours, 7 days a week:
Call this number – 116 123
Email address is Jo@samaritans.org
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – For Men! 5pm to midnight every day.
Call this number: 0800 58 58 58
Webpage chat room if you don’t want to phone the link is: Webpage Chat
Papyrus- For people under 35! Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm. Weekends 2pm to 10pm. Bank Holidays 2pm to 5pm.
Phone number: 0800 068 41 41
Text Number: 07786 209697
Childline- For children and young people under 19.
Call 0800 1111 (Number won’t show up on your phone bill)
The Silver Line- For older people
Call: 0800 4 70 80 90
In the US: Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or the National Hopeline Network at 1-800-784-2433
In Austraila- Call Lifeline Austraila at 13 11 14
Other places you could go or ring in a crisis in UK:
- Call your GP- Ask for an emergency appointment.
- Call 111 – Out of hours- They will help you find the support and help you need.
- Contact your mental health crisis team if you have one.
If you would like to contact me for PR or any collaborations or even support if you are going through a bad time. Please follow my social media accounts and email me.
Facebook Page- Mental Health & My Life
21 Buttons – ShannonDianaxx