Hello, my lovely followers and readers of my blog! I hope you haven’t missed me that much!
I hope you are all okay and if you aren’t feeling ok. Just remember that’s it ok not to be ok and I hope you can get the right support you need and if you want to talk please remember that I’m here and the correct charities are here to support you!
It’s scary to think I’m 22 this year.
Fun fact- My dad use to call me boo when I was a baby as I looked like the little girl out of monster inc!
1) Consent is sexy.
2) Don’t chase after people who play with your emotions and don’t give them 5000 chances.
3) It’s okay if you don’t feel happy all the time. It’s okay not to be okay. It’s okay to ask for help.
4) Makeup has no rules.
5) Make sure you are doing something that you are passionate about. If you hate something don’t do it as it will be boring eventually. Go for your dream. You can achieve it.
6) Eat that chocolate. Wear what you want to wear. You are bloody beautiful. Fuck what people think about you.
7) Tell your loved ones. How much you love them. Just do it. I’m always going to be my dad’s little girl even though I’m 21!
8) Leftover pizza for breakfast is amazing. With mayonnaise and BBQ sauce!
9) Don’t go into lush if you have a hangover my damn, that perfume smell was far too much but I love lush.
10) Rewatch Gavin & Stacey all the time when you need a cry. Oh, what’s occurring.
11) Make sure doctors or anyone listen to you and don’t even leave if they try to push you away. You know your mind and body.
12) It’s alright to go to your corner shop in your pjs or onesie. I’m not getting glam if I just want to buy a loaf of bread.
13) Always make sure you have a spare pair of black knickers for your mother nature, so you don’t lose your favourite pair.
14) Always carry your headphones with you always, as it’s damn awkward on your own on a bus without no one.
15) Say no when you need too. You don’t owe anyone anything. It’s okay to say no if you don’t feel comfortable in the situation.
16) Don’t try to make effort with people who don’t even deserve your effort. Trust me.
17) Don’t run after a bloke who treated you like a princess and gives you compliments then starts deleting you off snapchat 24/7. He’s trying to play your mind girl. It was fun at the beginning, but I’ve got older and now I realised I am worth more than his 3am booty calls! Bye Felicia!
18) You can fight the bad days. You can see the good days. You are as strong as anything. No one can break you.
19) Don’t go on a night out with your big brother. He gets far too protective over me, but I do love him! He does make me laugh even though he winds me up 24/7 and tells me to get changed when I wear dresses!
20) To be kind to yourself. Don’t punish yourself if something turned out to be awful it wasn’t your fault. Love yourself and believe in yourself.
21) Your body is your body. Don’t let anyone say different.
Till next time!
With lots of love!
Shannon Diana xx
Mental illness isn’t going to get the last laugh. I am.
I fight for my health and for other people’s health every single day in a way most people won’t understand, we aren’t lazy. We are warriors!
If you don’t feel like talking to yet, I’ll always be here and I’ll help out any way I can. You aren’t alone.
I know how it feels to be pushed aside. But listen, you are amazing and I’m proud of you so much.
Just so you know, it’s okay not to be okay you know, even the happiest person in the universe has their bad days. You can get through this dark hole. I believe in you.
You are loved. You are worth the fight. You are more than your illnesses, you can fight this I believe in you. You are flawless. You are fabulous. You aren’t alone. You are amazing and I’m proud of you all.
You can beat these thoughts. I believe in you. I will always be there for you even if it’s on the internet or email or even in person one day. You are loved. You are needed in this world because you are YOU. You are badass for battling mental illness daily. I care about every single one of you. You are more than enough. You don’t need to please anyone else.
Here is some numbers to contact if you are experiencing a mental health crisis:
Samaritans- For everyone! 24 hours, 7 days a week:
Call this number – 116 123
Email address is Jo@samaritans.org
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – For Men! 5pm to midnight every day.
Call this number: 0800 58 58 58
Webpage chat room if you don’t want to phone the link is: Webpage Chat
Papyrus- For people under 35! Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm. Weekends 2pm to 10pm. Bank Holidays 2pm to 5pm.
Phone number: 0800 068 41 41
Text Number: 07786 209697
Childline- For children and young people under 19.
Call 0800 1111 (Number won’t show up on your phone bill)
The Silver Line- For older people
Call: 0800 4 70 80 90
In the US: Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or the National Hopeline Network at 1-800-784-2433
In Austraila- Call Lifeline Austraila at 13 11 14
Other places you could go or ring in a crisis in UK:
- Call your GP- Ask for an emergency appointment.
- Call 111 – Out of hours- They will help you find the support and help you need.
- Contact your mental health crisis team if you have one.
If you would like to contact me for PR or any collaborations or even support if you are going through a bad time. Please follow my social media accounts and email me.
Facebook Page- Mental Health & My Life