Hello, my lovely followers and readers of my blog! I hope you haven’t missed me that much!
I hope you are all okay and if you aren’t feeling ok. Just remember that’s it ok not to be ok and I promise you can get the right support you need if you reach out to someone and if you want to talk please remember that I’m here and the correct charities are here to support you!
If you haven’t seen my recent blog post please check that out.
BP is shortened for Bipolar.
Today post is about hyper sexuality. Some call it a curse but others call it a blessing. I want to squash: “Bipolar great in bed but hard to live with” statement. You can get hypersexuality as a sign with bipolar and other conditions but today I will be focusing on BP.
Hypersexuality is a clinical diagnosis used by mental healthcare professionals for extremely frequent or suddenly increased libido… Hypersexuality may be a primary condition, or the symptom of another medical disease or condition, for example Klüver-Bucy syndrome or bipolar disorder. ~ Wiki
Bipolar disorder is a that mainly affects your mood. If you have bipolar disorder, you are likely to have times where you experience:
You might hear these different experiences referred to as mood states, and you can read more about them in our page on .
Everyone has variations in their mood, but in bipolar disorder these changes can be very distressing and have a big impact on your life. You may feel that your high and low moods are extreme, and that swings in your mood are overwhelming.
Depending on the way you experience these mood states, and how severely they affect you, your doctor may diagnose you with a particular . ~ MIND CHARITY
As I said above on this post, hyper sexuality can be a curse to some when they are feeling manic. It can be dangerous as one if it’s an impulse decision and it can be reckless you could catch a STI or even get pregnant. You could get raped, hurt or even death. This is why you need to talk to someone if you’re feeling that way. It’s much safer and it’s much better than putting your life in risk.
I was hyper sexual when I was manic in 2017 with an ex boyfriend, it taught me a valuable lesson in a bad situation, I don’t want to talk about that situation on here yet as it’s close to my heart and I’m not ready to talk about that with the whole wide world just yet.
After that moment, I spoke to the nurses and my grandma about it. (Yes, my nan!),it might sound terrifying but it isn’t. Sex is the natural thing in life. If someone didn’t have sex, your parents wouldn’t be here and then you wouldn’t be here reading my blog post.
They helped me talk about it. I’m not ashamed about that one bit. It helped me to understand my thoughts and when I get them intrusive risky thoughts. I just fill it with LOTR & MIGHTY BOOSH!
It will be a blessing when I have a boyfriend or if I have a FWB( Friend with Benefit).
But when I feel really low. I hate sex. I like cuddling and just to be held and told everything will be ok and this will past.
Here’s a list I made;
- Bipolar Disorder is not mood swings. PLEASE DON’T REFER TO SOMEONE WITH BP AS MOODY AS THATS JUST IGNORANCE AND NOT NEEDED.
- Hyper sexuality isn’t an excuse for rape or abuse. CONSENT IS SEXY. Always ask for consent before you even precede any sexual encounters.
- If you have a partner or friend or family with BP, please educate yourself and read up on it before you throw accusations about the illness.
- If you have a partner or friend with BP, always ask do you really want this and please don’t do anything if they haven’t replied and if they say yes. Make sure they really want to have sex. Because consensual sex is the best sex.
- Please respect your partners/friends wishes if they don’t want sex. Don’t feel offended. Use your hand\fingers or toys if you’re in sexual mood.
- PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Please stop asking if we’ve had our meds when we are giggly or happy. We are allowed to be happy, it doesn’t mean we are in a manic episode. But if we do show some hypomania signs please keep an eye on us and then ask!
- Please don’t take offence when we are quiet sometimes, that might mean we just need a Hugh and to be told everything will pass. Or sometimes, we just want our own time to ourselves.
- PLEASE DON’T THROW THE YOU’VE GOT BP, YOU KNOW NOTHING IN OUR FACES. We aren’t born under rocks. We are humans still. You don’t need to remind us that we have Bipolar. We live with it daily. 365 days a year. 24/7.
- When you are feeling sexual and you are single. Please don’t sleep with anyone. If you have a partner then great. If you have a friend you sleep with that’s great. Please don’t sleep with random strangers please. That doesn’t help your situation plus you might also get a STI or an unwanted pregnancy. Try and distract yourself. Or use a sex toy! Try and fight the urge. Also, please wear protection.
- Don’t hate yourself if you have hyper sexuality or bipolar disorder. It’s noting to be ashamed about. Trust me, talk to someone you really trust about it.
If you are experiencing this or if you have bipolar or if you have any tips. Please, comment.
If you like this post, I’ll do another post about it in the future.
Till next time!
With lots of love!
Shannon Diana xx
Mental illness isn’t going to get the last laugh. I am.
I fight for my health and for other people’s health every single day in a way most people won’t understand, we aren’t lazy. We are warriors!
If you don’t feel like talking to yet, I’ll always be here and I’ll help out any way I can. You aren’t alone.
I know how it feels to be pushed aside. But listen, you are amazing and I’m proud of you so much.
Just so you know, it’s okay not to be okay you know, even the happiest person in the universe has their bad days. You can get through this dark hole. I believe in you.
You are loved. You are worth the fight. You are more than your illnesses, you can fight this I believe in you. You are flawless. You are fabulous. You aren’t alone. You are amazing and I’m proud of you all.
You can beat these thoughts. I believe in you. I will always be there for you even if it’s on the internet or email or even in person one day. You are loved. You are needed in this world because you are YOU. You are badass for battling mental illness daily. I care about every single one of you. You are more than enough. You don’t need to please anyone else.
Here is some numbers to contact if you are experiencing a mental health crisis:
Samaritans- For everyone! 24 hours, 7 days a week:
Call this number – 116 123
Email address is Jo@samaritans.org
Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – For Men! 5pm to midnight every day.
Call this number: 0800 58 58 58
Webpage chat room if you don’t want to phone the link is: Webpage Chat
Papyrus- For people under 35! Monday to Friday 10am to 10pm. Weekends 2pm to 10pm. Bank Holidays 2pm to 5pm.
Phone number: 0800 068 41 41
Text Number: 07786 209697
Childline- For children and young people under 19.
Call 0800 1111 (Number won’t show up on your phone bill)
The Silver Line- For older people
Call: 0800 4 70 80 90
In Austraila- Call Lifeline Austraila at 13 11 14
Other places you could go or ring in a crisis in UK:
- Call your GP- Ask for an emergency appointment.
- Call 111 – Out of hours- They will help you find the support and help you need.
- Contact your mental health crisis team if you have one.
If you would like to contact me for PR or any collaborations or even support if you are going through a bad time. Please follow my social media accounts and email me.
Fitness/Gaming Instagram– @FitGurlShan
Facebook Page- Mental Health & My Life